Potion recipes are a method of preparing concoctions, food or liquid, for Wicca magic purposes. Wicca potions are meant to achieve a particular goal like fertility, strength, safe childbirth, prosperity, love, and victory, among others. Potion recipes differ depending on their purpose. They may be cakes, tea, smoothies, and fruits, just to mention a few.
The majority of the ingredients necessary for preparing a potion are locally available from grocery stores or a pharmacy, or even straight from nature, like crystals, incense, oils, candles, and other things.
Before preparing a magical potion, you need to put certain considerations in mind:
- What do you plan to achieve with this potion? Always remember the Wiccan Rede as you establish your goal.
- Wiccans believe in the universe and that every season has its relevance. Therefore, consider the most appropriate time to prepare your potion so as to get positive results.
- Remember to observe your deity. There are different forms of Wicca, and each has a special believe and reverence to a particular god/goddess. Do not forget to thank your god and observe important rituals to your deity as you prepare your potion.
- While preparing, it’s advisable that you stir the mixture in a clockwise manner, according to the movement of the sun.
- The prerequisite of any potion of work is the mind. You have to focus your attention on your intention and visualize the realization of it. Some people prefer to wear their magic robes as it helps them to concentrate.
- Find out what you need for the preparation, regarding ingredients and procedure. If you are not sure about your recipe, use a more experienced Wiccan recipe; try out different things and with time you will master your skills.
- Master the words of the spell if need be.
- Use the right tools during the preparation; for instance, you may want to use a wooden spoon to mix rather than a metal kitchen spoon.
Love Potion Recipe
Before preparation, note that love potions in Wicca do not force love to happen, rather it helps one to realize what they feel about another or to strengthen that which already exists.
- Flowers and herbs- roses, lavender, lily
- Spices- cinnamon, cardamom
- Spring water
- Lemon and honey
- Leave the flowers and herbs to dry through the night of a full moon.
- Take a pinch of the dried herbs and flowers and mix in a bowl.
- Add the fresh water and mix, clockwise.
- Spice it up with cinnamon or cardamom.
- Add lemon and honey.
- Put the potion in a bottle away from the sun.
- While mixing, recite a love spell or even call out his name seven times. You can also state your wishes to your deity.
This potion can be utilized by the person in need of attracting love, or the one from whom he/she needs love. You can add in a drink, bathing water, perfume, or even use it on your garment.
This will grant you protection from fear and harm
- Tree bark
- Vanilla extract
- Dried apple
- Put pieces of the tree bark in a pot.
- Add a small amount of the vanilla extract and the dried apple.
- Add a pinch of rosemary.
- Boil the content in water.
- Drink the tea potion.
This will keep you youthful and beautiful
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup water
- Orange juice
- Boil chamomile and water and leave it to cool.
- Beat the eggs thoroughly and add honey. Mix.
- Add the orange juice to the mixture.
- Now add water with chamomile to the mixture.
- Serve for two.
This will keep you physically fit, feeling healthy, and give you extra strength
- White oak bark
- Orange peel
- Put pieces of the white oak bark in a pot.
- Add mint and the orange peels.
- Add two pinches of cinnamon to the pot.
- Add water and boil.
- Leave the tea potion to cool slightly, then consume.
Potion for Spring Fever
This helps incase you are stuck inside during the cold months and can’t wait go outside and enjoy nature
- Lavender essence oil
- Warm the water.
- Add vanilla and lavender essential oil.
- Put the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it on your body or sprinkle it on your clothes.
This potion will help get you financially stable
- These ingredients should be in a dried form.
- Put all the ingredients in a mortar and grind and mix until it is in powder form.
- Blow the powder around you or on your money.
- As you prepare the potions, it is advisable that you observe a high degree of hygiene, as it is good for attracting positive energy. If you are turning your kitchen into an altar, it is also important that you perform ritual sanctification and invite your deities so that they can bless you and add to the energy required for the potion.
- It is also better that you do the preparations yourself, this will help to infuse the energy of your will into the potion, and the results will be more satisfactory than when buying the potion or being mixed by another person.